We all know that a good well-rounded education will provide us all with the best possible start in life, but we also recognise that lifelong learning is a fundamental pillar of our social and economic success.
Over the lifetime of this Plan we will:
- Review education funding and delivery so resourcing is focused into the right areas with the most positive impact.
- Ensure attainment and undertake quality assurance benchmarking of education services.
- Establish apprenticeship training partnerships with employers to reflect the current and future needs of the Island’s economy and contribution to global sustainable development.
- Deliver improved ongoing support for training, internship, higher education, re-skilling and upskilling initiatives.
- Implement the Childcare Strategy and any necessary changes to employment law so that parents can access childcare at various stages and balance home and work commitments.
- Ensure that public services are increasingly digitally-enabled, and residents have access to fast, reliable internet via the Island’s National Broadband Plan to create enhanced opportunities for learning in the Digital Age.
- Consider the potential role, benefit and remit of a Children’s Commissioner and Child First policy approach across Government.
- Research the development of niche educational and training campuses based on the Island’s sector strengths.